- Not bad
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Adobe Flash Player is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
You'll also need:
|Others:||Intel Mac OS X 10.6 or later.|
Adobe Flash Player is also compatible with ▼▲
Adobe Flash Player is also available in other platforms ▼▲
Versions of Adobe Flash Player
|Adobe Flash Player for Intel Macs 11.8.800.42 07/05/13||Free||English||
|Adobe Flash Player for Intel Macs 11.3.300.265 21/01/13||Free||English||
|Adobe Flash Player for Intel Macs 10.0.32.18 03/02/11||Free||English||
|Adobe Flash Player for Intel Macs 10.0.22.87 03/02/11||Free||English||
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Essential web browser plugin for multimedia content
Articles Adobe Flash Player
- Stage 3D accelerated graphics rendering:
- Explore a new architecture for high-performance 2D/3D GPU hardware accelerated graphics rendering by Adobe, which provides low-level Stage3D APIs for advanced rendering in apps and gives framework developers classes of interactive experiences.
- Initial support for personal computers.
- Native 64-bit support:
- Flash Player can now take advantage of native support for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit web browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- H.264/AVC software encoding for cameras:
- Stream beautiful video from your computer's camera with higher compression efficiency and industry-wide support, enabling both high-quality real-time communications (such as video chat and video conferencing) and live video broadcasts.
- Content protection support for mobile:
- Flash Access content protection support is now available on Android devices. Broadcasters can now reach and monetize an even broader range of customers on their favorite mobile device.
- Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS):
- Protect streaming video across devices without the complexity of a license server.
- Adobe Flash Access:
- Take advantage of key rotation support, V3 license chaining, domain support, enhanced output protection, and device filtering features.
- Secure random number generator:
- Developers can now take advantage of cryptographically secure random number generation to build more secure algorithms and protocols.
- TLS Secure Sockets support:
- Take advantage of new support for secure communications in client/server applications.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony:
- Support interoperability with legacy phone systems via the Flash Media Gateway (FMG) and other third-party clients (through the open RTMP protocol) without the need for transcoding.
- Cubic Bezier curves:
- Easily create complex cubic Beziers without requiring custom ActionScript® APIs with the cubicCurveTo drawing API.
- Enhanced high-resolution bitmap support:
- Enable the development of apps that use very large bitmaps. BitmapData objects are no longer limited to a maximum resolution of 16 megapixels (16,777,215 pixels), and maximum bitmap width/height is no longer limited to 8,191 pixels.
- Asynchronous bitmap decoding:
- Improve app responsiveness and deliver smoother animation by decoding images on initial load, instead of on demand. Images are cached as needed.
- ActionScript developers can now take advantage of high-performance native parsing and generation of JSON-formatted data. Developers can integrate existing data seamlessly into their projects.
- Garbage collection advice:
- A GC advice API provides additional control over the scheduling of garbage collection, so that the garbage collection process does not disrupt the user experience.
- Socket progress events:
- Improve management of data transfer with a new property to determine the number of bytes remaining in the write buffer and a new event for when data is being sent to the network layer. New APIs allow apps to easily track progress and provide feedback.
- JPEG-XR support:
- Support for the JPEG-XR advanced image compression standard (International Standard ISO/IEC 29199-2) provides more efficient compression than JPEG, enables both lossy and lossless compression support, and adds support for alpha channel transparency.
- High-efficiency SWF compression support:
- Take advantage of LZMA compression to reduce SWF file sizes by up to 40%, enabling users to benefit from richer experiences with shorter download times and reduced bandwidth consumption.
- New removeChildren API:
- DisplayObjectContainer now implements a removeChildren API allowing developers to quickly remove all of a container's children using a single API call.
- New MovieClip property:
- Take advantage of the new MovieClip.isPlaying property, which returns the MovieClip's current playing state.
- Version 18.104.22.168:
- Security enhancements.
Review last updated: 21/01/13
- View Flash videos on a wide range of websites such as YouTube
- Stunning 3D effects and sound
- Usually requires a manual install
- Can't be edited easily
- May be unstable at times
Articles Adobe Flash Player
Another day, another Flash update. Adobe is beginning to push out the latest update to the Flash... See more
Adobe Flash Player is now one of the most ubiquitous applications on the net powering everything from... See more